Sunday, October 30, 2011

Time, Lack of

Hi,

As regular readers of this blog will know, I’m writing a Halloween story this year. Of all the stories I’ve ever written, this is the toughest, and I’ve written some pretty tough ones. I’ve written whole pieces in 6 hours, a longer short story in 5 days, a co-authored contest piece and I’m writing a novel. This piece I’ve been writing since the 7th and still have a quarter of it left to write.

It’s in the first person (I prefer writing in third). It has a complex tense change in the middle from past to present (present tense is tough), and is an extremely sensitive topic. Well, I say sensitive but I don’t mean it is personally sensitive, I more mean that it a subject that should be approached sensitively.

Being my Halloween story naturally means I’d like it finished for Halloween. Halloween is tomorrow. It’s not going to be finished tonight so that means I have between 1000 and 2000 words to write tomorrow.

Considering I will have around 3 hours worth of writing time that means I will have to average at around 11 words per minute. That may not seem bad, but when you think that I have very little planned and that each and every word must be thought about before being typed and that I am easily distracted, then you can see why that’s quite tough.

Tomorrow I will be posting a link to the story, hopefully in time for your Halloween bedtime read.

Thanks
Matt B

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
AbeBooks.com – Textbooks